A heat wave is never fun. You crank up the AC, and even if it looks nice outside, you can only handle it for so long.
So what can you do to keep yourself from being beaten down by the heat? Here are a few simple ways to keep yourself cool during the heat wave!
- Stay Hydrated – Drinking water and other hydrating beverages are always important during a heat wave.
- Ice Down Your Fan – Placing a bowl of ice in front of a fan will blow cooler air throughout the room until all the ice melts. Then dump out the water and refill the bowl with ice!
- Close Your Blinds – Closing your blinds and keeping the sun out of your home will keep it several degrees cooler inside.
- Hang Out On The Lower Floors – Heat rises, and you can certainly feel it at the hottest times of the year. Bedrooms on the top floor can become pretty uncomfortably hot. Basements and lower levels usually stay the coolest, so hanging out there, and maybe even sleeping there can be an easy way to stay cool.
- Wear Cotton and Lighter Colors – Cotton is a lighter fabric than most, which is helpful when it’s hot and humid. Darker colors also tend to absorb more heat too, so staying away from them is an easy way to stay cooler.
- Stay Out Of The Sun – This is a simple one! Staying out of the sun will help keep your body cooler, especially by avoiding a sunburn that will keep you feeling MUCH hotter.
We hope that you stay safe and comfortable during the hot weather, and these tips can help keep you a little cooler. If you have any questions about your air conditioning, or any aspect of your home comfort, give us a call at (856) 272-7000, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.