Furnaces, air conditioners, and heat pumps are mechanical pieces of equipment, much like a car. If you’re a responsible car owner, you get the oil changed and the engine tuned up regularly. Do you give your heating and cooling equipment the same level of care and attention? If not, your neglect could be costing you in higher energy bills, increased repair costs, and a system that’s likely to give out several years sooner than a well-maintained one.
At Bovio Rubino Service, we aim to keep your entire heating and cooling system running at peak efficiency. When you call us for an AC tune-up, one of our certified technicians will provide a thorough inspection—that way, we can address issues and find the best solution for your needs and budget.
How Often Does My Heating and Cooling System Need Maintenance Service?
If you want your AC, furnace, or heat pump to always be working optimally, make sure your system gets maintenance service at least once a year. At Bovio Rubino Service, we typically recommend more frequent maintenance when:
- Anyone in your home has allergies or other health issues that can be exacerbated by poor indoor air quality
- You live in a high-traffic or dusty area
- Your equipment is at least 10 years old
The Bovio Rubino Service Protection Plans
|17 Point Check||✅|
|21 Point Check||✅||✅||✅|
|2 Maintenance Visits Per year||✅||✅||✅|
|Priority Repair Status||✅||✅||✅|
|No Overtime Service Charge||Covered|
|No Overtime Repair Charge||Covered|
|Discounted Fixed Service Call Charge||$79||$69||Covered|
|Meets ENERGY STAR Reccomendations||✅||✅|
|Condenser Coil Cleaning||✅||✅|
|Full Condensate Flush||✅|
|Standard Water Heater Service||✅|
What Happens During an AC Tune-Up?
We perform comprehensive air conditioning maintenance, taking care of everything necessary to ensure your unit gets a thorough tune-up. During your AC tune-up, we will:
- Tighten the system’s electrical connections
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Inspect the condensate drain
- Check each system control
- Ensure the thermostat settings are working
- And more!
What Happens During a Furnace or Heat Pump Tune-Up?
Choosing to maintain your furnace at the end of summer helps set the equipment up for a successful season of home heating. And since heat pumps are often run all year long, you should plan to schedule maintenance twice a year—once in the fall before the heating season and once in the spring prior to the cooling season.
You can complete a few maintenance tasks yourself, such as replacing the filter and ensuring air registers are unobstructed by furniture and rugs for the best airflow. Outside of those tasks, call in the professionals to provide more comprehensive services. A typical furnace or heat pump maintenance visit will include:
- A multi-point inspection of the furnace and related equipment
- Testing the thermostat or zoning controls
- Replacing the air filter and cleaning the cabinet
- Measuring supply and return airflow and temperatures
- Cleaning the blower fan and cabinet
- Checking the blower fan, belt, and motor
- Lubricating the blower motor bearings
- Checking blower motor current and voltage
- Testing contactors, relays, and the fan limit switch
- Cleaning and tightening any loose or dirty electrical connections
- Checking the burners to determine if optional cleaning services are required
- Measuring flue gases and carbon monoxide levels
- Checking for natural gas leaks
- Inspecting the flue and heat exchanger
- Testing the thermocouple or flame sensor
- Verifying pilot light or electronic igniter operation
- Running the furnace through a complete heating cycle
- Monitoring burners for rollout or delayed ignition
- Checking the coils and condensate system to see if optional cleaning services are needed
- Checking refrigerant levels, pressures, and temperatures
- Testing the compressor start capacitor and relay
- Running the heat pump through a complete heating cycle
- Checking for proper expansion and reversing valve operation
- Verifying proper compressor operation
- Measuring fan motor currents
Benefits of Regular Preventive HVAC Maintenance
It’s extremely important to make routine maintenance a part of your heating and cooling system’s life. Think about it: your air conditioner or furnace system ages—and it shows. Over time, dust and debris build up in the system, causing the efficiency of your system to suffer. By scheduling maintenance, you can enjoy benefits including:
- Improved performance. Maintenance for your furnace and air conditioning systems is like a tune-up for your vehicle. Important components receive the care they need to continue to operate at peak levels. Without maintenance, your system can suffer, and performance may be hindered.
- Decreased repair needs. Undergoing maintenance for your air conditioner can help prevent repair needs. When a trained professional performs maintenance on your system, they can also diagnose and solve minor issues before they result in extensive repair needs.
- Longer service life. Properly maintaining your cooling system can offer a longer service life in many cases. The better your equipment is cared for, the longer it will last.
- Improved energy efficiency. Maintenance for your cooling system also improves the efficiency of your system by improving its performance. A system that operates at a higher level of efficiency can save you money on your heating and cooling costs each season.
HVAC Maintenance in Voorhees and Cherry Hill
After enjoying a summer day in South Jersey, your home should relieve you from the scorching temperatures outside. By scheduling an AC tune-up with Bovio Rubino Service, you can depend on your cooling system no matter how hot it gets this summer. Our skilled team of NATE-certified technicians puts your comfort above all else, so you can rest assured that we will provide the best maintenance services possible.
Schedule Heating Maintenance in South Jersey
With more than 40 years of experience serving Voorhees and Cherry Hill customers, Bovio Rubino Service is ready to bring your heating equipment up to speed for the heating season. Our technicians have the experience, knowledge, and tools needed to complete thorough tune-ups for all types of heating systems.
Count on us, not just for maintenance, but also for repairs, replacements, and installations. We provide the professional, friendly service you expect from an experienced HVAC company. It doesn’t matter if you live in Marlton, Sewell, Haddonfield, or Moorestown, we’re excited to serve you today!
Now Offering Contactless Appointments!
To protect the safety of our customers and technicians during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering contactless air conditioning tune-ups. In order to carry out these no-entry visits, we are implementing a new process that will require your cooperation. During our visit, together, we will take the following steps:
- We will perform all outdoor inspections and cleanings
- You will help us adjust your thermostat as necessary
- We will leave a clean filter on your doorstep
- You will install the air conditioning filter
- We will leave a product called FloodBuzz on your doorstep
- You will open the FloodBuzz package and leave the item inside near your heater
- If your condensate pump fails or is clogged, the FloodBuzz product will alert us that there is a leak
- If there is a leak, you will turn off your unit and schedule service
During these uncertain times, we remain dedicated to keeping you and your home comfortable.