Spring is here, and that means it’s time for your yearly AC tune-up. The goal is to get your air conditioner ready for summer before the mercury rises to an uncomfortable level. What do AC tune-ups entail? Are they really important enough to perform every year? You be the judge.
What to Expect from a Professional AC Tune-Up
Here are some of the tasks you can expect the HVAC technician to perform when you call on Bovio Rubino Service for an AC tune-up:
- Replace the filter: A new filter at the start of the cooling season sets your air conditioner up for success. You should continue to replace the filter between visits at a rate of once every 30 to 90 days.
- Adjust and clean the blower motor: This prevents wobbly, unstable operation and ensures proper airflow through the ductwork.
- Examine and replace the fan belt if needed: A loose or fraying belt could snap and damage other components. Preemptive replacement prevents this possibility.
- Inspect the electrical system: This includes tightening electrical connections, examining the wiring and fuses, measuring voltage and amperage, and checking electrical safety circuits.
- Lubricate moving parts: Oiling certain areas of the system reduces friction and keeps everything operating smoothly.
- Inspect the condensate drain: If there are any blockages, the technician will clear them out.
- Clean the indoor and outdoor coils: This removes any dirt, dust, and other buildup from the coils.
- Test the refrigerant level: The technician makes adjustments if necessary and repairs any leaks he finds in the refrigerant line.
- Check system safety controls: This inspection ensures everything is operating the way it should.
- Upgrade your thermostat: To help you get the most from your HVAC equipment, your technician may explain the advantages of a programmable thermostat and install one on the spot if you’re interested.
Benefits of AC Tune-Ups
As a knowledgeable HVAC contractor, Bovio Rubino Service has the necessary tools and experience to prepare your air conditioner for summer. The benefits of AC tune-ups include:
- More affordable cooling: Electricity bills tend to skyrocket in the summer when your AC runs on long cycles to combat the New Jersey heat. A tuned-up air conditioner is clean, well-lubricated, and charged correctly for optimal performance and energy efficiency. The resulting savings on your cooling costs speak for themselves!
- Fewer repairs needed: The chance of a mid-season breakdown is far lower if you schedule an AC tune-up before summer begins. After all, problems often develop slowly. If a technician spots a fraying fan belt or other issues during a tune-up, a few minor adjustments and replacement parts can prevent the need for expensive repairs.
- Longer equipment lifespan: Just as a neglected car will never reach 100,000 miles, an ignored air conditioner is likely to break down years before its time. Get more from your investment by scheduling tune-ups that help the equipment last several seasons longer.
- Safer operation: All those adjustments and tests that your technician performs help prevent unsafe operation, such as a short circuit that could start a fire. Peace of mind and knowing your family is safe are just more reasons to make annual maintenance a priority.
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today!
It’s clear you don’t want to go without preventative maintenance this year. Of course, you’ll get more out of each tune-up if you choose a reliable HVAC company for the job. With experience dating back to 1975, Bovio Rubino Service is well-equipped to maintain your cooling equipment.