There is no singular “best way” to conserve energy in your South Jersey home. Every home is different, and the home performance upgrades that make the most sense for you will depend on a variety of factors, including the age and type of your home, the amount and type of insulation you have installed, the total air leakage, the type of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment in your home, and your comfort needs.
Two seemingly identical homes could have drastically different energy usage profiles, which is why we start every project with a free home energy assessment or energy audit. We’ll find out where your home is losing the most energy and which improvements will have the greatest impact on your energy efficiency.
Why Choose Us?
Bovio Rubino Service is one of the foremost experts in residential energy conservation in South Jersey. We had the 2nd most energy conservation completions in New Jersey, and are in the top 30 in the Nation, earning EPA Century Club Awards in 2010 and 2012! Here is what you can expect from our award-winning energy audits.
How the Bovio Rubino Service Energy Audit Works
Think of an energy audit as a full scan of how your home is performing, from the basement to the roof, and into every nook and cranny of your South Jersey home. Our energy audit includes:
- Evaluation of insulation levels in walls, ceilings, and floors
- Identifying areas where air leakage could be present, using a blower door
- Evaluation of furnace for efficiency level and safe operation
- Evaluation of water heater for efficiency level and safe operation
- Inspection of air conditioner for efficiency level
- Locate any moisture/air quality issues
- Inspection of exhaust fans and dryer for proper operation and venting
- Locate any inefficient or unsafe lighting or appliances
What Happens After Your Energy Audit?
Once we have gathered all of this information, we will then analyze it to see where you have the most potential to save energy, while also keeping the health and safety of the occupants in mind. We model your home’s energy usage in a computer modeling system endorsed by the state of New Jersey, to determine how much you could save on your energy bills. This computer model will be based on your actual utility bills and your home’s actual size, insulation levels, air leakage, and mechanical systems.
We will prioritize what improvements you should make based on the comfort concerns you have and the energy savings that can be achieved, and provide you with options as to what would be best for you and your family. We may recommend some of the following upgrades:
- Furnace replacement or repair
- AC replacement or repair
- Insulation upgrades & air sealing
- Duct cleaning
- Ductless mini split installation
Your home is a unique ecosystem, and changing one aspect of that system can have an effect on the entire home—we take these recommendations very seriously!
Benefits of an Energy Audit
Whether you suffer from HVAC performance issues, home comfort problems, or high energy bills, an energy audit can help. Once every step of the inspection is complete, the energy auditor explains the results and identifies how you can make improvements. For example:
- You can warm up the attic floor by adding insulation, which you didn’t know was needed until the infrared scanner revealed the heat loss there.
- You can hire an HVAC technician to seal and insulate your ductwork if the energy auditor discovers you’re wasting energy here.
The key to making the right home improvements is to identify problem areas, which is what an energy audit is all about. The auditor creates a comprehensive improvement plan, possibly including some of the suggestions here. The plan outlines:
- How to prioritize the improvements your home needs.
- The cost of these improvements if performed by Bovio Rubino Service.
- The annual savings you can expect once you make the improvements.
- A payback time analysis.
Schedule an Energy Audit With Bovio Rubino Service
An energy audit is an affordable way to prioritize improvements that will lower your utility bills and improve home comfort!