With regular HVAC maintenance, you can benefit from increased efficiency, healthier indoor air, longer equipment lifespan, safer operation, and fewer breakdowns. Maintaining your heating and cooling systems is a small investment with big rewards!
Do It Yourself HVAC Maintenance Tips for Beginners
- Replace or clean air filters regularly.
- Keep the area around your outdoor unit clear of debris and plants to ensure proper airflow.
- Make sure your thermostat is set to the right settings for your comfort and energy efficiency.
- Check your visible ductwork and HVAC unit for any obvious signs of damage or wear.
What Bovio Rubino’s Precision Tune-Ups Cover
DIY maintenance checks are certainly better than nothing, but they don’t come close to the comprehensive tune-ups part of our Maintenance Protection Plans, which last 30-60 minutes depending on the plan and can include:
- Blower Motor — Measure amperage and voltage
- Thermostat — Test for proper operation, calibrate, and level
- Air Filters — Clean or replace
- Bearing — Inspect for wear and lubricate
- Indoor Coil — Clean (if accessible)
- Condensate Drain — Flush and treat with anti-algae
- Condenser Coil — Inspect
- Refrigerant — Monitor operating pressures
- Safety Devices — Inspect for proper operation
- Electrical Disconnect Box — Inspect for proper rating and safe installation
- Electrical Wiring — Inspect and tighten connections
- Contactors — Test/inspect for burned, pitted contacts
- Capacitors — Inspect and test
- Electrical — Inspect for exposed wiring
- Fan Blade — Inspect
- Condenser Coil — Clean and remove debris
- Service Valves — Inspect for proper operation
- Supply/Return Vents — Measure temperature differential
- Ductwork — Inspect for leakage or condensation
- Compressor — Monitor, measure amperage and volt draw and wiring connections
Why Choose Bovio Rubino?
- NATE-certified and trained technicians
- Honest, trustworthy HVAC advice
- No surprises, no pressure
- Nearly 50 years of serving South Jersey
- A family-made, local business